1. Christmas in Washington - Its a beautifully clear night with a little bite in the air, take a stroll downtown by the monuments. Stopping at the Lincoln memorial, with the city lights reflecting off the Tidal Basin get down on one knee and ask her to be your wife.
2. Oh Christmas Tree - Spend the afternoon finding the perfect Christmas tree or even better yet go out to a Christmas tree orchard and show her some muscle by cutting one down yourself. Then take it home and spend the evening decorating the tree, carefully hang the ring or the box amongst the decorations and show her your Christmas tree surprise.
3. Santa Baby - For the Thespians out there dress up as Santa Clause and surprise her at the office holiday party with whats on YOUR Santa wish list!
4. Sleigh bells ring - Take a beautiful carriage ride tour through the city with champagne and any stop along the way will leave a memorable proposal.
5. Home for the Holidays - Keep it close to home. If you travel to be with family over the holidays then offer to make the holiday toast and make it one she'll never forget.
6. Winter wonderland - After a fresh snow fall write the words "will you marry me" in the snow and ask her to join you for some fresh air, sure to take her breath away!
Many of these ideas are simple enough but you have to make sure to make it your own. Make sure you have her favorite champagne on the carriage ride. Play "your song" while you are decorating the tree. Make your American Idol debut as a serenading Santa at the office party. Add candles to your message in the snow. Have a photographer take pictures as you propose at the monuments.